Friday, August 21, 2009

What We Are Looking Forward To Seeing On Our Trip!

Mark:

We launch out today! The thought of being a family on this adventure has me really jazzed! The world may never be same again….London, Athens, Corinth, Israel – here we come!!!


Sheri:

I am looking forward to the cruise on the Sea of Galilee. To have Peter’s experience and imagine what it was like to be so focused on Jesus, but then to be distracted by the storm. What a life learning experience this will be!!

Hannah:

What I am looking forward to experiencing on our trip is taking a tour of the Parthenon. The Parthenon is located in Athens, Greece. I'm most excited about visiting the Parthenon because of how ancient it is, but yet still here to this day. Because of its age, it is a very valuable sight to see. The Parthenon is one of the worlds greatest cultural monuments. Also, some of the surviving sculptures found in the Parthenon are placed in the British Museum. (We will also be visiting this Museum.) That's why the Parthenon would be at the top of my list of things I look forward in seeing on our trip. (:

Ben:

On this trip I am really excited to see the Parthenon. I am excited to see this because it is so old, but still standing. One thing I learned and thought was really cool about the Parthenon is that it has 8 coloumns on the shorter side and 17 on the longer side.

Caleb:

I am excited about seeing where it has been told Jesus was buried. We can see the stone that was really big and heavy and I can see where He lay.

1 comment:

  1. EBANKS!!!!!!!!
    I am so psyched for you all!! May the Lord reveal himself to you in new and deeper ways. May you be in awe of Him in all your travels. Blessings, JQ

    ReplyDelete